Installing SP Free CRM takes just a few minutes:
- Download SP Free CRM
- Enable both Standard & Enterprise SharePoint features (Site Collection)
- Upload the WSP to your site collection’s solution gallery & activate
- Create a new site from the CRM V126.96.36.199 template
Please Note – When creating a site on Office 365, you will most likely be greeted with the message “An error has occurred while processing your request” Don’t panic, instead just wait a few more minutes and your site will appear. For the impatient, you can check progress by going to the view all site content link within the new site (http://yoursite.sharepoint.com/crm/layouts/viewlsts.aspx)
Post Installation Steps
There are a few minor updates you may wish to make once the site has been installed:
The data connections within the Excel reports are hardcoded so will be attempting to talk to my server. These are also easy to update:
- Using the View all Site Content link, open the sales list
- Use the Export to Excel feature
- From the Data menu within Excel, copy the connection details (Command Text)
- Within the CRM view the sales report page and choose Open in Excel
- Paste in the new connection details
Carry out the process above for the Tasks & Projects reports.
When creating a site from a template, date filters lose their web part connections unfortunately. However any effected page can be updated within a couple of minutes using just your web browser:
To make the job easy for you SP Free CRM will display “Warning – One of the date filters is not connected, please complete these installation steps” to help you identify the web part to update.
- Put the page showing the warning message into edit mode.
- On the web part showing the warning message – Choose Connections – > Get Parameters From -> Date Filter (The name of the date filter will vary, but will be easy to identify due to being one of the only un-connected filters)
- Set the Consumer Field Name to match the Provider Field Name, then click Finish
- Complete steps 2 & 3 for the second date filter
Once both date filters are connected the warning message will disapear.